Care Delivery and Mobile App Experts Discuss Future of mHealth at Mobile Health Expo
Speakers represent patient, provider and technology perspectives while discussing innovations in the mobile and healthcare industries
AUSTIN, Tex. – September 8, 2010 – Mobile Health Expo™, the only event focusing on the convergence of mobile technology and healthcare across the entire mobile health ecosystem, today announced speakers in the conference line-up that will address care delivery and mobile applications in the growing field of mobile health, mHealth, telemedicine and connected health.
"The bottom line of any health initiative is improving care delivery. The health industry is at an important cross-roads because the rapid pace of mobile innovation is fundamentally altering how care is delivered,” said Wendy Thomas, founder and organizer of Mobile Health Expo. "We are proud of the expert speakers representing patient, provider and technology at our first event. These notable speakers will address the impact of mHealth on care delivery, in addition to new mobile applications that are changing the face of healthcare as we know it.”
* David Barash, President, Concord Healthcare Strategies, “Mobile health from the provider's perspective”
* Jeanne Barnett, CEO, MedRise, “Connecting patients and doctors through the use of mobile applications with niche medical domains”
* Sean Handel, Vice President, Epocrates, Inc., “Smartphone evolution in physicians’ practice: The use of mobile technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness”
* Dr. Joseph Tan, Wayne C. Fox Chair in eBusiness Innovation and Professor of Health Informatics, DeGroote Business School, McMaster University, Canada, “Mobile health for patient education and self-regulation among diabetics”
* Peter Hudson, MD, Co-Founder and CEO, Healthagen, “Using smartphones to help healthcare consumers get the appropriate healthcare they need more efficiently”
* Eric Leven, President, Rip Road, “Care management apps and messaging services”
* Stephen Mlawsky, MD, Medical Director, Founder and CEO, IatroCom, “Clinical decision support and differential diagnosis using mobile computing applications”
* Dr. Michael Yuan, CEO, Ringful Health, “Patient-centered mobile solutions to help reduce medical errors in hospitals” and “Using multi-modal mobile apps to engage patients for healthcare providers”
The reduced registration rate for attendees expires on September 10. Visit: http://www.mobilehealthexpo.com for more information on attending, exhibiting and sponsoring.
About Mobile Health Expo
Mobile Health Expo™ is the only event focusing on the convergence of mobile technology and healthcare across the entire mobile health ecosystem, including mHealth, telemedicine, wireless and connected health, and e-patient. Mobile Health Expo is designed to catalyze the discussions, partnerships, visions and public policy debates to move mobile health into the future. The event will focus on eight market drivers: aging at home, disease management, mobile health in the military, health inclusion™ for developed and developing countries, provider education, patient education, healthcare gaming, and mobile wallets and benefits management. The event will take place October 19-21, 2010 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, visit http://www.mobilehealthexpo.com
* All brands and names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective holders.