- They already use the iPhone, so the iPad just makes sense.
- Long battery life means they don't need to walk around the hospital carrying an AC adapter with their tablet PC.
- The iPad is simple. Doctors don't like complicated technology. They prefer simple. Thus, they don't feel threatened by the iPad.
- They can use the iPad to entertain patients who are waiting in the waiting area of the exam room.
- They'd rather carry a light iPad over a heavy tablet PC when they're using an electronic health record (EHR).
- They can use the iPad to explain complex medical anatomy to their patients.
- If they can't figure out how to do something on the iPad, they can ask their 10-year old kid.
- The iPad is a true multipurpose tool: robust productivity in the clinical setting and pure entertainment for the kids at home.
- They just like having the latest gadgets (even if they don't know how to use them).
- Very easy to pinch-to-zoom. Who needs reading glasses now?
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
10 reasons why doctors love the Apple iPad
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment