Here are the slate tablet computers we saw in 2010:
- Apple iPad (running iOS)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab (running Android)
- Dell Streak (running Android)
- HP PalmPad (running webOS)
- RIM PlayBook (running BlackBerry)
- Lenovo LePad (running Android)
- Apple iPad 2 (running iOS)
We know that Apple is preparing to release the iPad 2 in 2011. Will Apple also release a slate tablet that runs Mac OS X? (I think they should call that the iSlate) Microsoft isn't giving up on the Windows 7 slate tablet PC and I'll be curious to see how many HP Slate 500s get sold in 2011.
Current rumors indicate that Verizon is dropping the price on the Samsung Galaxy Tab to $500. Let's hope that others quickly drop their prices as well. Wouldn't it be great if we could pick up one of these slate tablets for approximately $200-300? That's like the price of a netbook!