Now, Motion Computing has introduced the CL900 rugged slate tablet. Times have definitely changed since 2005. Because of the Apple iPad, almost everyone is now comfortable with the slate tablet form factor. Plus, advances in computing technology have led to faster processors that run cooler. I hope Motion will have some CL900 demos at HIMSS11.
Let's briefly compare the Motion CL900 vs. the HP Slate 500:
- The Motion CL900 and the HP Slate 500 are some of the newer slate tablets that run Windows 7.
- The Motion CL900 is a rugged slate that uses Gorilla Glass.
- The HP Slate 500 is lighter and smaller at 1.5 lbs compared to the CL900 that weighs 2.1 lbs.
- The HP Slate 500 has a smaller screen (8.9") compared to the CL900 that has a 10.1" screen. (higher screen resolution on the CL900)
- The CL900 comes with a WWAN option using Gobi.
- Battery life: HP Slate 500 is rated at 5+ hrs. Motion CL900 is rated at 8 hrs.
Here's some more information about the CL900:
The Motion CL900 Tablet PC, a rugged, lightweight and powerfully equipped tablet PC that’s been purposefully designed, developed and built for mobile business. Enterprise-ready, the CL900 offers a blend of performance, integrated features and mobility. Every Motion CL900 Tablet PC comes out of the box ready to work. Weighing just 2.1 pounds (1), the CL900 helps every user to work faster, smarter and more effectively, providing the capabilities, applications, and ergonomic ease-of-use mobile workers need to be more productive in today’s de-centralized work environments.
- At 2.1 lbs (1), it's small, light and very portable
- The display supports both "Touch" and "Pen" input
- 10.1” screen featuring HD 1366 X 768 resolution delivers bright visibility and the durability of Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- Rugged Tested for real-world, field-ready conditions
- (MIL-STD-810G and IP52)
- Up to a full day of battery life using Intel's next generation
- Atom™ (1.5 Ghz) processor running genuine Windows® 7 Professional or Home Premium (5)
- Standard Solid State Drive (SSD) with 30GB or 62GB
- On-board connectivity: USB, SD Slot, Audio In/Out, Video Out
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® wireless connectivity and optional WWAN mobile broadband (Gobi™ 3000 with GPS)
- Integrated cameras: Rear facing 3.0 MP documentation camera and front facing 1.3 MP web camera
- Docking Station with 3 USB ports and Ethernet connectivity
- One-year warranty protection - optional three-year and optional Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
- Natural pen/speech and touch input
Post a Comment