Friday, February 11, 2011
LogMeIn Ignition on my Apple iPad: an Essential App
With LogMeIn Ignition, I can have full access to my remote PC. People are getting very familiar with the concept of a virtual desktop or remote access. Applications like GoToMyPC and LogMeIn have made it very easy for anyone to access a remote PC.
With LogMeIn Ignition on the iPad, you'll see a tiny on-screen mouse (which reminds me of the on-screen mouse that we used to see on passive touch-screen Windows 7 PCs). This little mouse has right and left buttons, but you can also select those buttons by using the menu bar below the main screen.
Pinch-to-zoom also works really well so that you can zoom right into key areas like the scroll bar or different parts of the menu.
Here's a tip: widen the scroll bars on your desktop PC so that you can easily tap those scroll bars when you're using remote access. On Windows 7, you can do this by going to the Control Panel -> Personalization -> Windows Color -> Advanced appearance settings...
The app costs $29.99. For me, it's an essential app. If you need a solution that provides remote access to your Mac or your PC, then take a look at LogMeIn Ignition.
Directly control your Mac or PC, all your programs and all your files – like that important presentation for your boss or that application that only exists on your work computer – with a simple touch.
LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone and iPad lets you remotely access one or more computers anywhere, anytime. So you never have to worry about leaving anything behind.
Put your office in the palm of your hand.
• Remotely run any business application like CRM, ERP, Salesforce, Microsoft Office.
• Remotely access your computer as if you’re sitting right in front of it.
Take your computers wherever you go.
• Have your files and contacts with you at all times.
• Give your family IT support without having to be at their machine.
Super quick, super easy.
• Simple to install and set up in minutes.
• Automatic settings for optimized speed and performance.
Customers Give Us the Thumbs-Up
• “Thanks to this app, I don’t need to bring my laptop with me anymore when I work 24x7.”
• “The application works like a charm. It’s very fast and extremely easy to set up.”
• “Ignition has saved me countless times. It’s an excellent app that’s worth more than the price.”
Reviewers Rave About LogMeIn Ignition
• Businessweek – “LogMeIn Ignition turns an iPad into a remote control for your other Web-connected computers. It may be the iPad's first indispensable app.”
• Wired – “10 Stellar iPad Apps That Will Blow You Away”
• Zath – “Within 5 minutes of use, controlling my computers remotely with the iPad became second nature, and this is a credit to the great development team behind the application.”
Winner of 2010 Macworld UK Award – Best iPad App
To Get Started:
1. Create a free account at LogMeIn.com
2. Download LogMeIn Free software to your PC/Mac
3. Purchase LogMeIn Ignition from the App Store
4. Log in from your Apple device to access your computer
• Multitasking (iOS 4)
• Retina Display (iPhone 4)
• Multiple monitor switch
• Intuitive and flexible navigation modes – direct, screen moves, mouse moves
• Works with free software on your computer (LogMeIn Free)
• Search computers to quickly locate a computer
Learn more about LogMeIn Ignition here.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment