Here's a recent press release about the update:
New Version of LogMeIn Ignition Lets Users View, Transfer and Save Files Between Their iPads, PCs and Macs
LogMeIn Introduces First App to Combine Remote Control and File Management for iPad 2, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
WOBURN, Mass., March 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apple iOS device owners can use their iPad 2, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to view, transfer and save files from their PCs and Macs with the newest update to LogMeIn Ignition, the top-grossing third-party iPad app of 2010.
The newest version from LogMeIn, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM) adds file functions to Ignition's remote control capabilities. It is the first iOS app to combine remote control with file management. The app is available now in the iTunes App Store and as a free update to current users.
A video demonstration of the new LogMeIn Ignition is available on LogMeIn's product blog, http://B.LogMe.In
"Just as the iPad changed mobile computing, LogMeIn Ignition has opened up new possibilities for how people can use their iOS devices for business purposes," said Andrew Burton, LogMeIn's vice president, Access & Management. "The addition of file access to remote control makes Ignition a more powerful business app than any standalone remote access product."
With the introduction of file viewing and management, iOS device owners can now choose to remotely control a computer desktop or directly access a computer's file systems — or multiple computers' file systems — using a single app. With LogMeIn Ignition, a user can:
- View files and folders on one or more computers
- Copy and move files or folders from remote computers directly onto the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch for local viewing
- Save PC and Mac files directly on an iOS device for offline viewing
- Create a local folder and filing system within Ignition on the iPad or other iOS devices
- Open and edit files locally on the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch using file editing apps like Documents To Go, Quickoffice, Pages, Keynote, Numbers
- Transfer files between remote computers
- Update locally saved files in Ignition with updates from remote computers
The new LogMeIn Ignition for iPhone/iPad also introduces the ability to wake a sleeping computer from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch using Wake-On-LAN.
iPad 2 users will also benefit from increased speed and performance, with LogMeIn Ignition tuned to allow for multitasking and the simultaneous usage of remote control and file transfers.
Pricing, availability and additional details
The LogMeIn Ignition for iPad and iPhone app can be downloaded from Apple's App Store for a one-time charge of $29.99, and the update is available for free to existing Ignition owners. LogMeIn Ignition, including the new file viewing and management capabilities, works in conjunction with LogMeIn Free, and does not require additional purchases. It is iPad 2 and iOS 4.3 tested and ready.