I've been testing various laptop cooling pads and for a thin and light laptop like the X200, the Vantec Lapcool 3 is a really nice cooling pad. I've also tested the Vantec Lapcool 2, the Belkin F5L001, the Targus Lap Chill Mat, and a few others.
Here's why I really like the Vantec Lapcool 3 for my ThinkPad X200 tablet PC:
- Compared to the others, this one is very thin and light.
- It's powered by a USB cable (most of the others are as well).
- It blows air out the back, so you can have it sit flat on a desk and it still runs very effectively. Others require that you have some free space under the cooling pad.
- It's relatively inexpensive ($22 on Amazon).
- It's ultra-quiet. Others can be quite loud, even if they are designed with a single fan.
Post a Comment